This purpose of this course is to train delegates in the history, benefits, and steps for implementing HACCP Program. The delegates will be able to understand the regulatory requirements in terms of HACCP within North America
This is an introductory HACCP course and there is no pre-requisite for this course.
DURATION: 1/2 day
TRAINING COST: $295.00 + HST 13%
All prices are in Canadian dollars. HST only applies to Canadian delegate.
THIS COURSE IS BENEFICIAL FOR:
- Food site technical managers, quality managers and quality teams
- HACCP team members
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVE:
- Objectives Food Safety from Farm to Table
- Why HACCP is important to the Food Industry
- Benefits (and costs) to industry and examples of success
- How industry and government can work together to effectively ensure food safety
- What exactly is HACCP and why should the industry embrace it?
- Brief history of HACCP and its food safety core
- Comparing HACCP to TQM concepts, including GMP’s and quality programs
- The seven (7) principles of HACCP
III. Threats to Food Safety: Where are they?
- Farm to table sources of hazards
- Categories of hazards (biological, chemical, physical)
- Examples of potential hazards in each category
- Current Regulatory and Legislative Context of HACCP
- USDA Food Safety Initiatives
- Pathogen Reduction Act
- E. coli 0157:H7 testing program
- The HACCP and Pathogen Reduction Proposed Regulation
- FDA Food Safety Initiatives
- Proposed seafood HACCP rule
- HACCP for the entire food industry
- International issues & HACCP
- FSMA – HARPC and FSVP
- SFCA – PCP and FSVP
- Summary Remarks, Question & Answer, Wrap-up
- Training materials will be provided to each delegate.
- Each delegate is required to participate in the poll questions during training.
- At the end of the course, the delegates will receive “Executive Briefing on HACCP Course” certificate issued by the “FSCA”.
25% of training cost is applied when delegate decided to cancel training 10 days prior to the training date.
When there are less than 10 delegates, training will be rescheduled or cancelled, and delegate will be notified immediately. In case of cancellation of class, the delegate will be reimbursed for the training fees immediately.